Cold and drafts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys
OK so short at sweet
1) I have ordered sample of rubber gaskets and they are all to thin to bridge the gap letting air in... I can't find thicker ones.... What would you recommend?
2) I have a double walled radiator in the living room 2.5ft long by 2f height in a room size of 4.5m x 5m living room size with the double upvc doors I spoke about above. Do you think this warrants a bigger radiator especially when the heating is on and it feels cold? There is at least a 2 degree temperature difference between upstairs and living room. I get that heat rises and this is reasonable but just how reasonable?
3) from point one.... Do you think these doors simply need replacing?
Thanks guys

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've used backer rod successfully. Only if the doors are not used in the winter though. If not you can use some foam strips that have adhesive on them.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is backer rod please? Would foam strips be ok in upvc doors.? .. Thabks

Reaction score
Country
United States
Backer rod is used behind caulking usually (just push it in, it's flexible):

or go to a hardware store in their section for winterizing lots of foam and weather striping there with adhesives. I dont think they would damage your door, just leave adhesive gunk behind. (I am no expert)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think backer rod will work... Its where both patio doors join in the Middle. Amy other ideas? Thankyou

Ask a Question