Damp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking at a new house, something that needs abit of work and I have came across a Victorian Terrace. It's has alot of internal space but damp is an issue. I am going back Wednesday so can get more photos then but can anyone offer any guidance from the attached photos? I appreciate any help and guidance you can offer!
d2.jpg

d1.jpg
d3.jpg
d4.jpg
d5.jpg
d6.jpg
d7.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I recently bought a property that had damp issues that were highlighted by the survey that we had on the property. The house is an old Welsh property with the 2 foot thick walls which do tend to suffer some damp ingress. Our house had problems with the roof some time ago which resulted in damage to some of the ceilings which could be causing some of the problems that you show in the pictures. I would find out if the property has had the roof tended to over recent years. The lead valleys probably need replacing. be careful of the artex on the ceiling as it may contain asbestos. I put new plasterboard on top of ours. I would suggest you knock off any old loose plaster and attempt to find out where the damp is coming in at. Do you know if the walls are single skin?

Ask a Question