Cutting a bow-shaped bath screen to fit

Reaction score
I have bought from Bathstore a toughened glass over-bath shower screen which is curved like a bow over its length but square at the top. I cannot fit it because the weird shape of my Victorian house eves ceiling means that one corner needs to be cut away and shaped to fit. Any suggestions, can anyone cut it, or replace the glass at a reasonable price, or even replace with glass with something more malleable. Any ideas gratefully received. I live in Surrey

Reaction score
I'm afraid it's impossible to cut toughen glass. I believe it is heated during the toughening process and when it shatter it breaks into small cube shapes like a car windscreen.
The only thing I can suggest is a shower curtain. You can get curved rails which you could set at the height needed to accommodate your eves.

Reaction score
Not ideal I know but as you cannot cut it, can you sink the top corner of the screen in to the ceiling plaster ? I know it wont be open-able then but it may be the only way.
Or can you lower the bath a little and would this be enough.

Last edited:

Ask a Question