Cold Shower brrrrrr

Reaction score
Hi, I had to turn the hot and cold water off to install some compression hoses. I've noticed in the past, once the water is turned back on, this effects the shower so it runs cold for a while. This time it's been running cold for about 3 days. The shower is about 11 years old I'd guess and a normal mixer type. In the airing cupboard there are 3 taps: 1) Hot Water Down, 2) Shower Hot Water and 3) Bath Hot Water. I only touched hot water down. I can feel that the pipe for no.2 (shower) are hot.

Any ideas how to get the shower hot again? Thanks in advance...

Reaction score
Hi
From the info you provided I would guess at the hot supply to the shower is air locked.

solutions -

If possible lower the shower head as low as possible in the bath / shower tray it will increase the head (pressure) of water and sometimes works.

Some times blowing down the expansion pipe that is open ended and looped over the cold water tank, with the shower turned on can clear an air lock (you may need a short fat hose to reach it ).

Is there a compression joint on the hot pipe to the shower in the loft ? slacken this to release air.

CAREFULLY using a hose connected to the mains and the shower mixer force mains water back down the pipe to shove the air back to the cylinder in short bursts or you could damage the cylinder.

Ask a Question