Faulty shower - water too hot then too cold

Reaction score
Hi ,

Wondering if anyone can help . I have a gainsborough style 400 x shower ( at least 4 years old) and it's been fine until the other day when it started to run too hot( scolding ) then all of a sudden went too cold and kept doing this ( a bit like when you have the washing machine on at the same time) it doesn't seem to find the right temperature . The only way I can use it is if I change the setting to low but then the water comes out really slowly .

Thanks
Jayne

Reaction score
Check the boiler and make sure that's ok, I know in my house you can change the pressure of the water and the heat gauge if that fails speak to the place you got the shower from or just call a plumber!

Reaction score
Shower got problems after so many early. Its really something that matters on good products & its quality.

Reaction score
Hi Jayne,
i had a similar problem a couple of years ago and didn't know what the problem was myself, my dads a plumber and he said that there was nothing to do and it would just be wise to get a new shower. after looking at reviews mira seemed to be the best way to go, had my mira sport since and have not had a problem. not sure where you live but im from the uk, i bought mine online and saved money off the rrp.

Try these Electric Showers Here.

if your not after a new one then ud be best off getting a plumber in to see whats wrong and then maybe need a new part, but that could all cost more than just getting a new shower lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
bathrooms Glasgow

Hi,
I've had same problem, but I asked Frog Bathrooms from Glasgow to fix it. Their plumber is really good, he explained everything how it work, but for me is like a black magic, can understand :confused: Anyway, he's done great job :D

Ask a Question