Can't Get a Cold Shower--Advice? Work Around?

Reaction score
Hi, just installed new Hansgroghe shower fixtures: shower head, hand shower, diverter with temperature control built in.

In New York State USA where we live, it is not legal to have a separate cold and hot faucet handles in a shower, for safety reasons. So we had to buy a one handle diverter.

The temperature control only gives us very hot to comfortably warm water. We cannot get a completely or nearly cold shower, which we love in the summer.

The plumber turned our hot water tank down so low, as low as possible, actually, and the water temperature was totally unacceptable for other uses, so I turned up the temperature slightly on the gas water tank. Still we have this problem.

Is this an installation mistake by our plumber? Can we break out the wall again (aghh!) and install a valve in the rough somehow that would fix this? Or is this a failure of these shower fixtures? Could the fixture be defective?

I am also going to call Hansgroghe to find out what they think.

Thanks so very much in advance !!

Reaction score
Hey~
On the Hansgroghe shower (we have one) I believe there are two set screws one on the cold water side and one on the hot water side that are suppose to be set when the system is hooked up, but it shouldn't be a rip out problem, but a handle remove problem behind the handle there should be set screws. You should be able to set the screw so more pressure is available on the cold side. So when you turn the temperature control to cold you have more cold available.

Ask a Question