Shower is too hot and too cold

Reaction score
i have a shower that keeps going cold and hot when I'm under it , I have had a look at it and its clean no dirt or lime scale ,
could it be that the thermostat has packed up and I need a new one or is there a simple solution as the water pressure is ok so at a loose end , I have a combi would that have anything to do with it as I don't think so as I have had the shower 7 years so is the life span up as don't want to buy one if that's not the problem ,

Reaction score
Welcome tich 1. There could be several reasons for your problem but let’s tackle the most likely. After 7 years it is most likely an o-ring / gasket problem. Check with your local hardware store to see if they have a repair kit for your model. This is usually a pretty easy job.

Reaction score
i have a shower that keeps going cold and hot when I'm under it , I have had a look at it and its clean no dirt or lime scale ,
could it be that the thermostat has packed up and I need a new one or is there a simple solution as the water pressure is ok so at a loose end , I have a combi would that have anything to do with it as I don't think so as I have had the shower 7 years so is the life span up as don't want to buy one if that's not the problem ,
Is it a unified anti scald valve already or the old kind with a separate hot and cold?

Ask a Question