Chainsaw reviews

Reaction score
Just bought a Poulan pro 18" 4218,
I checked about a hundred reviews before buying this one and saw about 20% bad reviews.
So, 2 out of 10 buyers didn't like it for various reasons.

Anybody have any comments on this saw?

Is there a better one for around $100.

Mine is a factory reconditioned one, I paid $100 then paid another $10 for a 2 year replacement warranty.

Reaction score
Sorry I do not know about your particular make. As mentioned Husqvarna's come highly rated, mine is a Jonsared (sp) they come with Husqvarna engines. I think the only better make (more pricey too) would be Shtill (sp).

good luck

Reaction score
I don't have any experience with Poulan but I think you'll find 20% bad reviews on just about anything. In fact, if only 20% of the reviews were bad I'd say it's probably OK.

Reaction score
The 4 top makes are Stihl, Husqvarna, Echo, and Jonsered.

Echo and Jonsered will cost you money, Stihl and Husky more reasonable, but still pricey for the pro ones.

Huskies are favoured by some for their cutting speed and lightness. Stihl are also light but also have a great reputation for reliability.

Having said that cheap chinese 'Actec' 20" for felling, but mostly a small Stihl for limbing and everything else. The chinese saw is cripplingly heavy once you lift it to shoulder height.

Partner used to have a good rep but I think they've been taken over by someone like black and decker, so I'm a bit suspicious of them now. I know the Dewalt drills went downhill after such a takeover.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've written my review of a little Husky gas gas and I'm really happy with this as my 1st chainsaw. It's small enough to move around limbs, which is a right handy feature for the short bar on this. I was concerned after my purchase about negative reviews on Amazon but it seemed to be from users that, out of the box, failed to read the manual.

Ask a Question