Husqvarna 120 Mark II Chainsaw 1st impressions out of the box

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is my first chainsaw, it's just for bucking up some timber around the house that the Power Co. arborists left in our backyard. I searched online for any capacity, or startup information for this chainsaw but it was lacking for this particular model so for the sake of others looking for this, here goes.

With regard to the bar adjustments, (the 1st thing I looked at) I noticed on in the Owner's manual (654-002 12.04.2018) page 10 it mentions "Turn the knob counterclockwise to loosen the bar cover" showing a graphic of the left side of the chainsaw with a knob. As one can see from the photo above there is no knob. This is leading me to the conclusion that the manual may cover a prior or sister model of chainsaw. Notwithstanding, the bar adjustment was easy to understand and seems to work on the same principle as my motorcycle chain of my old Z1R tc.
Next I was trying to learn how much bar oil is the capacity for 1st time use. The manual mentions on the Specification page that the capacity of the Oil Tank is 200 ml. Cautiously adding bar oil I see that it took only 100 ml.
To fill the fuel tank with what I had on hand (a large can of Husqvarna Fuel, small can of Husqvarna fuel and an automotive fuel funnel about 1 1/2 ft. long) I transferred fuel into the smaller can then fed the fuel tank.
I'll do the 1st startup tomorrow morning, following the procedures found in the Owner's Manual and its Addendum. From what I gather online following initial startup these are hard to start but it may be due to not bleeding the air from the system as described in the manual. I found this important when using my Husqvarna Weed Trimmer from season to season.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, it took a little while to familiarize myself (this is the 1st chainsaw I've ever used) with this saw, I noticed it has a 16" bar, I thought it had a 14" but that's okay. It took a minute to figure out the chain brake because it was stiff and just slightly crooked, but I think I can address that later, it functions sharply. My chain adjustments seemed right on and strictly following the startup procedure it fired up on the 2nd pull. What with my big feet I could only get my toes on the handle though. One thing I must stress that it takes about 3 - 4 minutes to warm up when new before making cuts. I stalled it a couple of times but recovered quickly. It cuts quickly and efficiently as far as I can tell. Once our debris can is emptied, I'll take care of the rest of the limbs the Power Co. arborists left me.

Reaction score
Country
United States
So it's been a couple of weeks since I last fired 'er up and following the startup procedure she took off like a r@ped ape. I had made a small adjustment to the idle screw and now it performs like it should. I am very please with this little saw and I must say, for a first time user for smaller stuff this saw performs admirably.
...to those on other forums whom detract this saw out of the box all I can suggest is RTFM

Ask a Question