Ceiling suitability for Fermacell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, I'm new to the forum.

I'm currently in the process of doing up my first house, unfortunately I've got artexing with asbestos in it throughout the house which I had been considering removing or boarding over. During lockdown I had a minor leak that has caused some damage to one of the ceilings forcing my hand regarding removing the artexing so I'm planning on biting the bullet and just having the lot taken away.

Anyway to save a little money I was looking at fermacell boards to replace the ceiling plasterboard because they don't require plastering. I'm a little concerned about the amount of additional weight the fermacell boards add to ceiling compared to normal plaster boards, has anyone had experience using fermacell on ceilings? Is fermacell not suitable as a ceiling material when used in certain constructions? Any issues I should be aware of when installing? Tips and tricks?

My house is a 2 ½ bed cornish council house from the 1980s.

Cheers

Ian

Ask a Question