Advice about a loose kitchen tap

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new here. Sorry if someone has asked a similar question before, but I couldn't find an answer to my question in previous threads.

The tap I've got in the kitchen is totally loose and I'd like to sort that out. The tap is a simple column with a mixer stick (I'm sure that is not the right terminology!)

The kitchen counter is wood and the plumber has chiseled a hole in it. The tap can just be pulled up out of this hole, so that you can see the two thin feeder pipes which are part of the tap and the bendable connecting pipes.

I think I need a clamp to secure the tap to the work surface. Is that right? If so, can someone please recommend one and let me know how I can be sure it is the right size?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Normally with these taps you either have a large collar that screws onto the tap from below to lock the tap to the sink/worktop or a large C shaped washer that slides up a threaded bar in the bottom of the tap and is locked tight with a brass nut, has this slid down ? or is the worktop to thick for either of these ?

Reaction score
Normally with these taps you either have a large collar that screws onto the tap from below to lock the tap to the sink/worktop or a large C shaped washer that slides up a threaded bar in the bottom of the tap and is locked tight with a brass nut, has this slid down ? or is the worktop to thick for either of these ?
Hi, that was super helpful, thank you very much - I'm missing the whole c shaped washer set, so I know what I need to get to fix it all now. What a relief!

Reaction score
Kind of depressing that your plumber didn't fit this for you?

Is it something that has come loose over the years, or was it always like that?

Ask a Question