25 year old house needs new dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been looking at dishwashers and in my kitchen I have 34 inches from floor to underneath the countertop. I don’t see any way of getting the space to “grow” to 35 inches which is the height of the dishwasher we want.
Do I need to look for another dishwasher?
Mike

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been looking at dishwashers and in my kitchen I have 34 inches from floor to underneath the countertop. I don’t see any way of getting the space to “grow” to 35 inches which is the height of the dishwasher we want.
Do I need to look for another dishwasher?
Mike
I would be looking for another company that knows what standard dimensions are. And while looking , from experience I'd also be looking at the operating manual to determine how much un-necessary crap they've added to it that its electronics can do.

Example : Our Whirlpool starts and stops 12 times in the first wash cycle of 2-1/2 minutes. They say its to save energy- REDICULOUS NONSENSE !!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Have you found a 34" dishwasher? Just make sure it's durable. No need to go with all that IOT stuff

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Coincidentally, I just checked my kitchen. It is 35" to the bottom of the counter top.

Depending if the orientation of your dishwsasher area, is it on a corner, marble countertops, tile backsplash....yada, yada.....the of the first things I might consider is raising the toe kick by 1 1/2".

Only other think I can think of is removing the four (4) manual screw-levelling rubber screws out of the bottom of the dishwasher, slide it in, hope for the best.

Its a tough one!

All the Best

Ask a Question