12v adapter

Reaction score
Not sure if this exists but hopefully it does.
I have a charger base for a walkie talkie that has a 13a plug. I would like to charge the radios from my car. I am looking for an adapter that i can plug the 13a plug into and then plug the adapter into a usb socket if that makes sence.
Any ideas

Reaction score
You need to check what is the outut of the charger. It should be on it, volts and milliamps.

Then go on e Bay and find a 12v DC charger with a similar output, that can be plugged into a socket in your car.

Reaction score
I believe, but I am not absolutely sure, that a USB port cannot handle a 13 a current. You need to make sure of that before you buy a product.

Reaction score
You need to check what is the outut of the charger. It should be on it, volts and milliamps.

Then go on e Bay and find a 12v DC charger with a similar output, that can be plugged into a socket in your car.
I have tried to find a 12v car charger but the end that fits into the base is not a standard fit and I have been unable to locate a compatible charger. That is the reason for trying to adapt it the way I stated.

Ask a Question