WINDOW LEAK

sj6

Reaction score
Country
United States
it rained last night and water came in under window frame. inspecting the window I discovered the window weeps and read up on them. So these could potentially be the cause of water coming into the house? I see no other holes around the window frame...

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Quite often rain water can get blown under the pvc frame between it and the sill. It won't be coming out of the frame.
Try rocking the frame to make sure it's securely screwed to the sill.

Clean up the join between the frame and the sill on both sides.
Then when it's perfectly dry, put a bead of silicone along where the pvc frame meets the sill, on both sides. making sure you don't block the drain holes in the pvc.

sj6

Reaction score
Country
United States
Quite often rain water can get blown under the pvc frame between it and the sill. It won't be coming out of the frame.
Try rocking the frame to make sure it's securely screwed to the sill.

Clean up the join between the frame and the sill on both sides.
Then when it's perfectly dry, put a bead of silicone along where the pvc frame meets the sill, on both sides. making sure you don't block the drain holes in the pvc.
Thank you so much! I noticed the existing caulk outside the window comes off quite easily. I have some phenoseal caulk in the basement. Will that do for something like this? I also have bathroom silicone. I'm not entirely sure where the exact spot is where the "pvc frame meets the sill", but I am guessing you're talking about right underneath the drain hole, all the way across?

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I noticed the existing caulk outside the window comes off quite easily. I have some phenoseal caulk in the basement. Will that do for something like this? I also have bathroom silicone. I'm not entirely sure where the exact spot is where the "pvc frame meets the sill", but I am guessing you're talking about right underneath the drain hole, all the way across?
Yes.

Ask a Question