Which bathroom fan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi! I need to replace the fan in the bathroom. I'm guessing it's about 50 years old, and it doesn't seem to remove all the humidity as some mold has appeared on the edge of the tub. I tried cleaning it, but that didn't make any improvement. The space the old one is in is 8 3/4" x 8 3/4" x 5". It's attached to a toggle switch. I need at least 70 cfm since the bathroom is 109" x 80". The ones I've been looking at are:
Air King BFQ 90 Bath Fan

Tech Drive Very-Quiet 70 CFM

Broan-NuTone HD80L

Delta Electronics SLM70

Now some of these say they're button controlled, and I'm not sure what that means. Can they still be wired to a toggle switch? Do any of these stand out for my needs? I can wire a toggle switch, but my expertise doesn't run much further, so I'm looking for ease of installation. Any other recommendations? Any and all responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
70cfm is a pretty low rate - even if it actually delivers that, i.e. zero losses in the ducting. I'd be looking for at least twice that.

Ask a Question