What is a sink support?

Reaction score
Hello everyone (i dont know where else to post this will move it if need be). What is a sink support and why would i need one, a friend of mine recommended me to get a sink support but i have no clue what they are used for or anything (either way i looked) and i found a site that sell's them ( https://www.ondemandsupplies.co.uk/products/Belfast-Sink-Supports-(2-Brackets-&-2-Legs).html ) but 1. why would i need them and 2. can i get them cheaper, it seems like there a bit much even just for some plastic, anyone got any tips or anything?

Much appreciated, Jeff.

Reaction score
I ment "What's a sink support" apologies if the title confused people, it shouldnt have really.

Reaction score
Also i have just seen the product and it is made out of cast iron, my apologies as i said plastic. I looked at the picture and thought it was plastic turns out it is not either way i still do not know what they are used for and why i would need them, any advice is helpful as always. Thanks

Reaction score
Can anyone give me any information or recommend me something? Any advice is helpful i think :)

Reaction score
Hmm looks like im going solo on this one. I have bought the product and now im getting my friend to install it. Wish me luck O_O

Reactions: Ian
Reaction score
Hi Jeff, sink supports are not often seen anymore since few people install the old fashion cast iron sinks that used to require the supports. The old fashioned sinks used to be bolted to the wall! If you finished the project, post some photos as these are not seen that much anymore. More common now is to see sinks with pedestal bases as a means of support.

Ask a Question