Was this a cowboy job? - radiator

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I’d hoped to have uploaded a photo but can’t seem to do it from my iPhone (any tips?).
Had a radiator installed, but both ends have a plastic/rubber pipe going off it. The one which is connected to the temperature valve isn’t even perpendicular to the floor; it’s at a bit of an angle. Now we have a water leak coming from under the nut which the pipe feeds into and if you knock it, water leaks out quicker. Was this a bodge job- should these be copper pipes? Does the fact that the pipes aren’t straight matter? Will a bit of sealant solve the leak issue? Forgive my ignorance! Thank you.

P.s. a photo now uploaded :) as you’ll see, the temperature gauge doesn’t even face the user.

Attachments

Reaction score
Right now the only tool you need is your telephone. Call the installer and tell him to get out there and stop the leak. The minute you touch it you risk voiding any warranty or eliminating any installer responsibility.

Ask a Question