Walls

Reaction score
My wife recently took over a pub, where she is the tenant. There are some great rooms upstairs which could be rented, but no one has lived upstairs for a number of years. The living rooms walls have a lot of flaking emulsion, a few areas which need filled and a few cracks.

Ideally we'd get the whole room re-skimmed, but any work we are going to do isn't cost effective as we only rent property. Willing to put some graft in, but trying to keep costs down to an absolute minimum. I am trying to scrape off the flaking emulsion, the plaster underneath is generally sound apart from some cracks and also a few areas which will need to be filled.

What is the easiest way to get the emulsion off the plaster, as trying to scrape it off using a scraper is very slow, hard work. Is there an easier way to do this. Once got he flaking paint off, will fill in big cracks and holes and then paint using pain that covers cracks etc.

Bearing in mind that cost is at a premium, is there any better way of doing this. Might even try and skim walls myself, although never done this before????

any help appreciated

Reaction score
Hi AllyM,
There are many "how to" guides online, just make a quick search on google qand you will find what you are looking for.
Hope that helps
Jason

Ask a Question