UPVC door handles loose

Reaction score
Hi, the UPVC handles on my front door are loose. I've looked on You tube and there are plenty of clips but they all have 2 screws holding the plate on. Mine has none front or back. How do they come off. The handles and the whole plate also containing the lock are loose. Thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Barry,

Could you please upload a photo of the handle and I'll have a look to see if it's a model I'm familiar with accessing.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Barry :).

Are there any notches in the plate where you can get a screwdriver behind to lever it off? Sometimes these just "clip" in to place, or occasionally they have a tiny grub screw at the very bottom which you'll need to remove (is there one there, on the bottom lip)? Be sure to check both sides, as it may only be on one side.

Also, does the handle shaft have any sort of notch, grub screw or hole (on either side)?

Reaction score
Thanks Barry :).

Are there any notches in the plate where you can get a screwdriver behind to lever it off? Sometimes these just "clip" in to place, or occasionally they have a tiny grub screw at the very bottom which you'll need to remove (is there one there, on the bottom lip)? Be sure to check both sides, as it may only be on one side.

Also, does the handle shaft have any sort of notch, grub screw or hole (on either side)?
Thanks Ian. I've had a good look when the flat was empty and couldn't find any grub screw or notch in the plate. I'v tried levering the plate with a screwdriver but chickened out when it wouldn't budge. The flat is occupied now so unless the tenant complains it will have to wait. It's not too bad just annoying and I thought I would try to sort it while empty.

Reactions: Ian

Ask a Question