UPVC door handle wobble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - my patio door handles are loose, so I decided to take off, and look to replace the 'cam washer' (I think is the correct name).

When i took the handle off, the washer was it pieces, so definitely needs replacing - handle still works fine and locks despite this.

I have googled all day to try and find the circled image, but cannot find this shape - can anyone point me in the right direction, or do I have to purchase new handles? (note this is of the handle on the door we do not use - and not in pieces).

Thanks,

Attachments

Reaction score
Hi and welcome.

Who fitted the doors? Give them a ring, failing that you could take the handle to a local double glazing installer.

What you need is a fairly common.
So, "without leaving your chair," you might find what you need here.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi and welcome.

Who fitted the doors? Give them a ring, failing that you could take the handle to a local double glazing installer.

What you need is a fairly common.
So, "without leaving your chair," you might find what you need here.

not sure if there’s a bit of sarcasm there?
Phoned 4 local companies, who said it isn’t a consumable part, I tried who I think is handle supplier, but had to email tech support.
Doors fitted by conservatory company, who have been taken over, and handles since changed when we were robbed 6-8 years ago.
Not like I haven’t tried to work this out - and hoped someone on here might be able to help.

Reaction score
not sure if there’s a bit of sarcasm there?
Phoned 4 local companies, who said it isn’t a consumable part, I tried who I think is handle supplier, but had to email tech support.
Doors fitted by conservatory company, who have been taken over, and handles since changed when we were robbed 6-8 years ago.
Not like I haven’t tried to work this out - and hoped someone on here might be able to help.

No offence intended, but many people come on here not looking for advice but looking for someone else to do the work for them.
The chances of contributors having an indepth knowledge of particular bits of kit where no maker's name is provided, is small.
All we can do in that situation is to offer general advice.
eBay is often the easiest solution to find a part. That's why I provided the link I searched for and found.

In your situation, that's where I would have gone first.

Most eBay suppliers of specific items, if you e-mail them with your problem, they'll be able to tell you exactly what you need.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ah ok - so there is confusion. I am looking for the 'cam washer' - not the circlip.

The metal oval washer sitting under the clip - I can only find circular washers and it appears this design is not available.

I have since chosen to upgrade to new secure by design handles.

Ask a Question