Unused bath!

Reaction score
Hello, looking for opinions regarding removing our bath. I've been told it can affect the price of your home if you want to sell. We never use the bath and I'd love to have one of those walk in shower cubicles fitted as the bathroom is really small. Is it a bad idea to get rid of the bath??

Last edited:
Reaction score
In fact, walk in shower cubicle is a great way, in terms of ease of access or sleek design that you want for your bathroom. I think it is the ultimate statement to give your bathroom that extra special something.

Reaction score
If you are not looking to sell at any point soon then go with the walk-in shower cubicle. The style of your home and what prospective buyers are after can determine whether it is a good idea or not. If it is a family house then a bath is very convenient for families with young children. I would suggest taking a picture of how a bath fits into the place and if/when you come to sell and a bath is what a prospective buyer is after then you can show that it is possible and would not be a huge job.

Irv

Reaction score
As the population grows older, walk-in or even "wheel-in" showers are preferred, both for ease of access and for safety. This might increase the value of your home.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In fact, walk in shower cubicle is a great way, in terms of ease of access or sleek design that you want for your bathroom. I think it is the ultimate statement to give your bathroom that extra special something.
full agreement

Reaction score
Oo! This is an old thread!

For information.

We've been through this experience. We have a very small bathroom. About ten years ago, we went from this.

Bathroom 1.JPG

Bathroom 2.JPG

To this. A Lakes off-set quadrant shower.

P1010489.JPG

P1030030.JPG

P1010488.JPG

We have a separate toilet.

The biggest problem can be the tiling. It's likely that if your bathroom is tiled there won't be any behind the bath. So it will be a question of matching them up or a patial or complete re-tile. We'd had the bathroom re-tiled ten years before the change, but fortunately I'd saved a lot of tiles and Topps tiles were able to get me a few more from various branches as I had all the details on the boxes.

I also had some spare floor laminate as I'd relaid the floor and had anticipated that the bath one day would be coming out because of my wife's MS. The design had been discontinued.

The tiles match perfectly.

Walk in showers are becoming more popular, particularly with people who are on water meters.
In our case, should a following owner want to take the shower out and put in a bath it wouldn't be more than half a day's work.

Ask a Question