Tumble dryer buzzing.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A job I've done quite often is to repair our tumble dryer. Bron told me the dryer was "buzzing" again this morning and I knew immediately it would be the 8uF capacitor; I bought 200 of these capacitors as a job lot years ago so no problem. Our dryer has a vent panel at the back near the floor; with the PLUG REMOVED FROM THE SOCKET the panel screws are removed giving access to the motor and capacitor; for years I've struggled because the 4" hose goes through the panel making complete removal of the panel a real pain so this morning I've made a small bracket and mounted the capacitor in an easy to get at position on the motor mounting. Job done.

Here's a video showing what's involved. Never ever work on anything electrical whilst its plugged in and ensure any electrical connections are insulated.

Kind regards, Colin.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nicely done :). I often rely on repair videos like this to repair white goods, especially our fridge. I'm pretty sure half of the parts inside it are replacements now and it just keeps going (a bit like trigger's broom ;)).

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Ian. Triggers broom is one of many classics on "Only fools & Horses". Here it is for members to have a good laugh at if they've never seen it;

It always make me laugh.

Kind regards, Colin.

• Haha
Reactions: Ian

Ask a Question