Top Fixed Toilet seat -Hinges

Reaction score
Country
Finland
I have this plastic hinge fixture on top and cannot find a fitting toilet seat replacement for this hinge. My plan is to remove it and use a standard top fixed seat. How do I remove this and will it fit? Any experience?

1587787798458.png
1587788032856.png

Reaction score
Hi and welcome!

Most toilets are made with two holes at the back behind the rim to secure the seat.

There should be some way you can access the nuts that secure that hinge and remove it.

You can buy toilet seats with pins that are offset in the hinges, just case of rotating them to fit the holes regardless of the distance between the holes.

Reactions: Ian
Reaction score
Country
Finland
We managed to unhinge the bastard. There is a little service hole on both sides where a wrench just barely fits. Now I just need to decide what's the best version seat to go with.
1587815977655.png

Reaction score
You have a choice, either the type where you order one with pins the same distance apart as the holes in your toilet, or any of a number of those where the pins will fit any toilet.
There's lots on e-Bay, so it's really which you prefer. But get one with a soft-close seat and lid.

Ask a Question