Wood worktop with light limescale deposits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks wondering if anyone has any experience in removing Limescale from Wood countertops. I have a solid wood countertop several years old and in two places we have a small buildup of Limescale. Its not terribly obvious and I need to re-oil the worktops but would prefer to attempt to remove the limescale first. Possibly a very light sand might work but dont want to make this area lighter than the rest. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.!

20230405_082422.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks wondering if anyone has any experience in removing Limescale from Wood countertops. I have a solid wood countertop several years old and in two places we have a small buildup of Limescale. Its not terribly obvious and I need to re-oil the worktops but would prefer to attempt to remove the limescale first. Possibly a very light sand might work but dont want to make this area lighter than the rest. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.!

View attachment 5769
Prior to reoiling, treat the stained aireas with a slution of Oxalic Acid. You may have to lightly sand the areas (as you mentioned ) first
Let me know how you get on!i

Ask a Question