Tiling 45deg corner with stone cladding - how to cut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys
I've started tiling my media wall with stone cladding and hit a brick wall. I need to tile the corners and since the cladding I've bought doesn't offer corner tiles I will need to cut it myself. Normal 45 deg cut won't work as the cladding I have varies in thickness (stone-like effect) and the pieces won't match. I'll add that they have kinda shiny effect to them so color on the cut is different and there are filling stones inside with completely different color - it just doesn't look good at all.
Screenshot 2022-01-15 at 14.49.55.png

I don't want to use corner trims as they don't look good. At least those I've found so far. Also simply butting them against each other wont work as they are quite thick (between 1.5 - 2.5cm) so a large gap will be visible. Any idea how to cut it to make it look good?
The only idea I have so far is to do a 45 deg undercut on the edge of the tile so the 45 angle will be on the bottom part of the tile. Without cutting through protruding pieces of the tile. This way I can bridge the gap between the tiles on the corner without cutting through the nice-looking stone effect on the top.
Any suggestions welcome.

Ask a Question