soundproofing a party wall upstairs

Reaction score
I have bought special panels to soundproof a bedroom wall. They are M20 high density rubber panels that glue onto the wall followed by 2 layers of acoustic plasterboard.
Obviously the part of the wall below the floor may also be a problem so I have taken up the wooden floor boards next to the wall and filled the gaps in the exposed brickwork with grout and acoustic sealant.
I thought I would start the new soundproof wall below the floorboards, sitting the rubber panels on the joists and the plasterboard just above so they will be floating. When I put the floorboards back is it important that they don't touch the new plasterboards ?

Or should I just fill the space below the floor with rockwool then put the floor back and build the new wall above the floor boards?
I am not a massive DIYer and this is all new to me! I have researched extensively but am hesitating over every detail!

Ask a Question