Smears in double glazing

Reaction score
C9A218E9-05AC-4198-8F9E-B73BCC16F86E.jpeg
Hi

I can see smears in my double glazing from outside. Is this normal, what has caused this and should I complain to my installer

Thank you

Reaction score
The cause is carelessness in the manufacturing process. I have this same situation in a couple of windows on my new house. I am going to live with it because I can imagine the mess I will have if one of the builder’s “technicians” gets done tearing the window casing apart to replace the window.

Reaction score
The cause is carelessness in the manufacturing process. I have this same situation in a couple of windows on my new house. I am going to live with it because I can imagine the mess I will have if one of the builder’s “technicians” gets done tearing the window casing apart to replace the window.

We had two "blown" windows replaced in the bay window of our front bedroom a few years ago. the internal glazing strips come out quite easily and it's a case of the old units out and the new ones in. Quite a speedy job and there was no mess.

Reaction score
I have the same thing and it drives me nuts, but honestly I don't want anything to do with the windows people anymore.

Ask a Question