Small screw plug query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, im new here but hoping i can get some help. I do a lot of diy around the house as its required, but i am a novice. I work from home and use this laptop table a lot of the time. Unfortunately the plugs snapped due to misuse. They were shallow, white with an outer thread. Im attaching photos for a better idea. The table is mdf from what i know.

Ive checked and tried what plugs i have at home but theyre all wall plugs and too long. Tried cutting in half which was pointless. Also not suited for that screw.
Should i make more holes and use different screws to attach the clampy plastic fixing again?

What would be a solution please? Thank you

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Are you picturing the underside of the table?

Can you use thru-bolts? That is, 1/4" or 5/16" (approx 6 or 8mm) bolt/nut through the black clamp's base AND thru the false wood veneered table top?

Reaction score
Country
United States
You can try tightening them with a longer wrench to make a tighter fit. I also agree with the above comment, you need more clearance.

Ask a Question