Finding supplier of small screws

Reaction score
Two questions to ask here. I am looking for a small countersunk slotted wood screw 3mm shank size. I think a number 6 is just a bit bigger than that. Locally I would go to RS Supplies but the smallest they do is Number 8 or Orbital Fasteners but their web site only has posidrive and Torx and the like.
In the past many years ago I would have gone to Clerkenwell Screws in Clerkenwell Road London. Their phone number answers to a voice mail giving an email address but the emails are bounced.
Whilst I prefer not to do an internet purchase I think I may have to but I prefer direct to a supplier not via Amazon. Any recomendations?

Reaction score
Well although the Orbital Fasteners web site only had pozi drive and torx I gave them a ring and they had in stock brass countersunk slotted No 6 3/4 inch long. So managed to buy them just a short drive away. I try to patronise local retailers if I can and on a purchase like that the delivery is likely to exceed the cost of the item.
I will keep a note of the other suggestions for future reference.

Reactions: Ian
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Two questions to ask here. I am looking for a small countersunk slotted wood screw 3mm shank size. I think a number 6 is just a bit bigger than that. Locally I would go to RS Supplies but the smallest they do is Number 8 or Orbital Fasteners but their web site only has posidrive and Torx and the like.
In the past many years ago I would have gone to Clerkenwell Screws in Clerkenwell Road London. Their phone number answers to a voice mail giving an email address but the emails are bounced.
Whilst I prefer not to do an internet purchase I think I may have to but I prefer direct to a supplier not via Amazon. Any recomendations?
I was looking for small slot head brass screws a few months back and got all that i was looking for on EBAY. Search on them and i think you will be surprised and with free postage too

Reaction score
Wilko's used to sell a huge variety of screws. You just filled a plastic bag with whatever you wanted. But lately our local one has a pretty poor selection, but it might be just that store.

Ask a Question