Shower Sliders Broken - what do I do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

First post so forgive me if I'm in the wrong place!

I've moved into a new house and the sliding shower door has come off the 'sliders' or 'runners' or whatever they're called (pictured - white plastic clips). They snapped off so I can't just reattach them.

I've gone on Check A Trade-type websites and no one will come and help me.

I've ordered some sliders off Amazon but I've no idea how to get them on. I think I probably have to remove the black rubber stopper and slide them in from the side but the hole doesn't contain a screw so I've no idea how it's fixed in place or how to remove it.

Additionally I think the sliders I've bought probably are too big to attach and I've no idea how to measure what I need. I've bought these and I don't understand how they actually drag the door along rather than just move passively with the door. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Replacemen...2f8f3&pd_rd_wg=cyZsn&pd_rd_i=B01LKVMI8E&psc=1

I've no idea how to know this stuff so I'm literally begging for help lest I be crushed by my shower door!

PXL_20211014_123803617.jpg
PXL_20211014_123741093.jpg
PXL_20211014_123745755.jpg

Reaction score
OK understood.

Can I suggest that you really, really carefully look at the shower enclosure for a name, the name can be on the glass, on the frame but somewhere? if you can find a maker then that will assist a lot.

Do the doors connections to the frame have wheels?? on your screen ??

Any chance of a couple of images of the doors undamaged [if there are any] sliders??

Ken.

Ask a Question