Shingle repair

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi!

We had a little storm come through, and a few rows of shingles blew off the roof. Luckily this was just over the screened in porch, so not too much reason to be alarmed about water damage in the short term. Is this a pretty easy repair? If so, how would you recommend I go about it? Also, if I hire someone, what would you expect cost to be?

Photos attached.

IMG_0130.JPG IMG_0129.JPG

Thanks so much!

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Use new asphalt tiles. You may not get the exact same color. Start with the bottom row first, work up. Overlay them the same way see the fallen tiles are orientated. Once you reach the remaining/existing shingles, you'll have to GENTLY lift them up (in warm weather, not cold) to get the nails in for the new tiles. Remember: All the shingles MUST overlap each other so as to permit the graded/pitched roof to permit the water to run OVER each row of shingles...not UNDER a row.

Hiring it out. I suspect it would be around $500.00 for a roofer to repair that. He'd/she'd have it done in an hour less.

Ask a Question