Scratch protection for Aluminum Fire Table

Reaction score
Hi all,

We bought this Aluminum Rectangular Fire Table on Black Friday. It looks nice but the paint on its surface is not strong. One of the bad reviews for this table is the surface scratches easily. Before we start using it, I would like to make it scratch proof!!! Is there anything like a spray or etc in the market we can use to reduce the chances of scratches?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Purchase link from Lowes: https://www.lowes.ca/fire-pits/bond-4488-in-aluminum-50000-btu-rectangular-fire-table_g2802761.html

IMG_2181.JPG
IMG_2180.JPG

Reaction score
An automotive clear coat would be one solution but you may want to try a spot that is out of sight first. There may be a reaction with the existing paint.

If that was mine, I would give it a light sanding and spray the entire “wood” surface with high temperature wrought iron black paint. It will then be easy to keep it looking new for years with just minor touch ups.

Reaction score
Thanks @Silentrunning for your reply. The surface is aluminium, not wood. There should be a good protective coat out there... the temperature around the main fire pit won't be very high.

Ask a Question