Rough door opening and header

Reaction score
IMG_0680.JPG
IMG_0682.JPG
IMG_0683.jpg
IMG_0681.JPG
IMG_0680.JPG
We recently purchased a mobile home with an attached open deck with an aluminum roof.
I'm in the preliminary stages of turning it into a 3season porch as finances allow. I have put in top and bottom plates around the perimeter and added 2x4 studs to each existing aluminum support poles to help support the lower end of the existing roof. I am ready to start laying out my studs for eventual window and door openings.
Now to my question. On each end of my porch I plan on adding doors down the line, so I would like my openings to be roughed in correctly for eventual factory manufactured doors. The bottom of my dbl. top plate is 80 1/2" to my sub floor. I have no room to put a header. Will the top plate suffice for the door opening without a header. My wall lengths on each end are 83" long. I have attached some pics of the areas in question.

Ask a Question