Rotten roof joist

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'd say it looks ok. It appears whomever performed the work did what was possible/reasonable.......considering the circumstances.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd say it looks ok. It appears whomever performed the work did what was possible/reasonable.......considering the circumstances.
Hi thanks for the reply I wasn't sure if it was ok just to nail a bit 2by2 on to a roof truss that has wet rot surly the rotten section should have been removed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi thanks for the reply I wasn't sure if it was ok just to nail a bit 2by2 on to a roof truss that has wet rot surly the rotten section should have been removed
Sorry - aren't these new timbers replacing the rotten ones in the before photos?

1658515740408.png

But you're right - wet rot needs properly treating, or it will spread. And it doesn't look as if yours has been eradicated.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The rotten wood is still there all they done was put the 2 by 2 along the side of it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Woefully inadequate.

Structurally unsound parts of the roof need replacing, the source of water ingress needs locating and fixing, and the rot needs eradicating or it will spread.

Ask a Question