Roof Dryer Vent or Not?

Reaction score
Hi! I am installing stacked washer and dryer behind X in wall. I have option of venting about 52" straight up to a Dryer Jack on roof, or venting out side of brick where marked. There is a soffit vent about 40" from planned vent install in wall, but it seems to be safer alternative. I am asking for advice here. Thanks!

Reaction score
For maximum efficiency, the vent tube wants to be as short as possible without any bends. I'd take it out through a stitched drilled hole in the wall.

Reaction score
Problem is stacked dryer vent lines up almost with that window ledge. If I ran it straight out, it would hit that section of roof overhang. And then there's the matter of no access behind washer and dryer installed. I was going to install a Dryer Wall Jack in those boards to right of X in first photo, but it would sit below eave there, and dryer exhaust might be drawn into soffit vent. There just isn't any easy solution with an old house (1963 split-level) like this one.

Ask a Question