Log Cabin roof insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

I'm after some advice having recently built a 44mm thick walls log cabin walls the floor and roof are both T&G 18mm i noticed that the floor was really cold as i had built this late Oct last year after reading online they say you lose an average of 70% of heat through the floor & roof, So i have since lifted the floor back up and installed 40mm Kingspan underneath which has made a big difference then laid composite flooring on top of that.
Now I'm onto starting the roof i have at the moment on it a membrane and the cheap felt that it came with which i didn't think was upto the job so i also bought bitumen paint and sealed all over the felt for even more protection, What i wanted to ask is that i'm going to add 40mm Kingspan on the outside of the roof then plywood on top then another membrane if this is possible and then felt or shingles on top of that i'm too sure yet till i work out the costs, Do i need to remove the existing felt if it's only been on the roof less than six months or is it possible to lay all the stuff i have listed on top of it.?

Any advise would be much appreciated as i don't want to find out i've done it wrong and it causes me issues further down the line.

Thanks
Craig

Ask a Question