Replaced shutoff valve and hose, now no water

Reaction score
Woke up this morning to a flooded bathroom. I looked under the sink and had a burst plastic water pipe under the sink. I figured it would be a great time to replace the cheap plastic shutoff valves also so to Lowes I went. I got 2 of the braided metal hoses (1/2" to 3/8") and two shutoff valves. I turned the water off to the hose, hooked the shutoff valves up. I turned the water back on and tested the valves. They worked, no leaks and water flowed when i turned the valves on. I proceeded to put the hoses on, turned the valves to the on position and voila...no water coming out the faucet. I removed the hoses, blew threw them, no blockage. Hooked them back up, valves on, no water. Even when I remove the hose from the faucet, no water comes out. What is going wrong?

***UPDATE*** I just removed the hoses and they have no lime blockage. Also I just noticed that the adapter that connects to the shutoff valve has a "Auto Shutoff Floodsafe Connector" Could this be blocking the water flow? How does it work?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Try turning the valves off, then turn then on slowly, very slowly. It may be that the valves are designed to react to the quick flow of water, as if there was a broken pipe or plastic supply tube.

Reaction score
sounds like you may have check valves fitted the wrong way around .They are one way valves preventing water flowing back into the mains

Ask a Question