Repairing cracks in concrete floor.

Reaction score
Any advice on repairing cracks in garage floor?Bought some quickdrite vinyl patch repair, but not sure if it’s the right thing to use.

Reaction score
Greetings,
I have had some success with filling the 1 inch x 24 ft joint between my garage floor and the external driveway slab where once existed a fiber expansion joint. I used Sikaflex 29 oz, Self-Leveling Gray Sealant, purchased at Home Depot. (Don't use it around a swimming pool, as it reacts to pool chemicals poorly.)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings,
I have had some success with filling the 1 inch x 24 ft joint between my garage floor and the external driveway slab where once existed a fiber expansion joint polished concrete cleaner. I used Sikaflex 29 oz, Self-Leveling Gray Sealant, purchased at Home Depot. (Don't use it around a swimming pool, as it reacts to pool chemicals poorly.)
Hi all,

We've been looking at a 'lifestyle' property in the Nelson/Tasman region. On the property is a new house, only a few years old. The house is built on a concrete slab, and the slab has been polished so that floorcoverings are not necessary (and it looks great, actually).

Whilst we were looking we noticed a few cracks in the slab, across the floor in one of the corridors. The cracks do not seem to be "open", and the floor either side does not seem to be uneven. Are cracks in the slab normal? Are they significant? Do they indicate bigger problems for the future, or is it just the house settling?

I am sure there are other things we should be looking for, but this is bothering me a bit.

Thanks in advance for comments and advice.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
@virginiaharms - Your posting one of your own questions in another persons thread. This has happened a few times now. Respectfully, I would suggest that you open your own threads, and to avoid giving advice on matters that you yourself have posed as a question in other threads!!!

Ask a Question