repairing a high gloss speaker cabinet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I dinged the corner of a black high gloss speaker as per the attached photo. It's fairly superficial, but it is a little cracked and bulging. I'm just wondering how to best repair it. I can file/sand down the bulging bits but then I'll have to use something to cover up and stabilise the cracks and build the corner back up a bit so I can then sand and shape it. I'll then want to finish using black gloss spray paint.

What would you recommend I use as filler, given that I'll need to spray paint it with black gloss paint to finish? It doesn't have to be particularly hard wearing like say with a kitchen cabinet door. It's just got to not crumble and be cosmetically passable. Don't want to spend too much either.

From what I've read online, it looks like epoxy may be the thing to use, but never used that before and don't know exactly what product I'm looking for to be honest. Epoxy putty, resin, glue? And as I say, I want to paint it black but do I need a special primer?

Grateful for any advice and recommendations for specific products.

Thanks.

Mike.
IMG_1823.JPG

Ask a Question