Repairing Holes to Concrete Floor (sandy base)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm wanting to repair some holes to my concrete garage floor. There are a number with a rough concrete base to them so I was planning to use a 2 part epoxy resin to fill these once cleaned out. The holes range from around 8mm - 20mm deep. Firstly, does a 2 part epoxy resin sound suitable for this?

Secondly, there are a number of holes where the base of the hole is sandy so when I try to clear them out I am just making the hole deeper, if that makes sense. I'd be grateful for any advice on the best method to repair these holes.

Thanks in advance,

MackGee2411

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
India
When a garage floor cracks badly due to settlement, it can sink in sections. Or water will pool in one corner due to uneven settling. This can be a big problem if the water gets into your house. ... You can re-level the floor by pumping concrete under the slab and raising it. If you are going to spend the money on an epoxy clear coat, you should also apply an epoxy coating to the concrete initially.

Ask a Question