POV emergency light wiring help

Reaction score
Country
United States
greetings all..
I am in need of a little direction as to how to properly install a three wire 12v vehicle plug onto a three wire visor light set. The visor light has multiple flash patterns, which are controlled by an "interrupt" switch, or pattern select switch. I have wired the plug and the lights together, red/red, black/black, yellow/yellow. My problem is this..

I have power to the unit, although i have no pattern selection. From troubleshooting the unit before installing the switch, i was able to determine that with the unit powered up, pattern selection happens when the yellow wire is touched to the hot side (red wire). i have a push button interruption switch that i am now needing to install inline.

on this switch there is a post for [line] and a post for [load]. my confusion is....
if the interruption, pattern selection, happens on the hot side with the yellow wire, how do i install it from the plug to the switch to the unit?

any help would be greatly appreciated. i know i have explained with difficulty nut, its the easiest i could. i will try to clarify if needed.

TANK YOU!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Diagrams of what you have and what you need would be useful...
Thank you for your comment. in the time i went to snap a pic for reference, i was able to figure it out. i have power and approx 12in from the plug, was able to insert an inline push button interruption switch. i have full function of my lights.

Ask a Question