Painting Wet Plaster

Reaction score
We had our kitchen completely re plastered a couple of days ago and the plaster is still wet, however we've got the new kitchen being installed tomorrow and the installers have asked us to complete the painting before the kitchen is installed.

I know that people have asked if its ok to paint on wet plaster loads of times before and the general consensus is normally "No", however we have bough some of the "Fortress" Contract Paint for New Plaster which is supposed to let the plaster continue to breath and dry.

I've done a bit of Googling and I can't find a clear answer as to whether its ok to paint on wet plaster using this paint?

And if it is ok then how long do I need to wait before applying the final coat of paint (Which is a Dulux Kitchen+ paint, so isn't breathable)?

I presume that if I apply this kitchen paint over the Contract paint then it'll prevent the plaster from breathing and cause problems?

Thanks in advance
Ben

Ask a Question