No water from bath hot tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
We have a problem with our bath tap. There is no water coming from it at all. We have tried bleeding one of the radiators and adding pressure to the boiler (on some advice given). It brought a small amount of water to the tap and it was getting warm so we thought we had sorted it. A couple of hours later - no water again.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is cold from the cold tap but nothing from the hot tap (or if lucky a 10 second trickle).

Reaction score
I am far from being an expert but here's an idea. I know some (especially newer) mixer valves incorporate an anti-scald feature to prevent getting a scald if the pressure or flow radically changes. I have heard of the valve getting gunked up or stuck that will prevent it from operating properly. Over time I guess there can be crud or mineral build up that prevents proper operation. Not sure how serviceable those valves are but most likely you might be able to find a drop in replacement.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you very much for your reply. We have ended up getting a plumber in as we can’t manage without the bath. He has changed the washer and it seems to have sorted it, he did say that the next step would be to change the valve so you could be right! Thanks

Ask a Question