Bath hot water

Reaction score
I have three taps, all downstairs, running off a combi boiler. Kitchen sink and Bathroom basin operate fine, but the bath tap seems to be hot only when it is run at a trickle. I have good water pressure on all of the taps.
Any ideas or suggestions would be most welcome!

Reaction score
As all combi's can only heat a limited amount of water by X degrees = temperature rise depending on its output. It most likely has a 15mm hot water outlet pipe. Your sink and basin taps are 15mm pipe or even 10mm your bath tap is 22mm or 3/4" so the tap having a bigger bore and pipework being larger makes the water coming out look less.
Also at this time of year as the water is coming into your house colder, the boiler still raises this by X degrees the same temperature rise but it will be a bit cooler than in summer.
Depending on your model some boilers restrict the water flow some don't and you have to regulate it down at the tap.

Pete

Reaction score
Hi,
Question Was the bath water too hot?
When I got out of the bath I felt woozy and when I sat down on the couch...I realized my heart was pounding. I can still feel the blood pumping through my body.

Do you think I got over heated?

That's never happened to me before.

Reaction score
Hi,
I suggest you have a word with a doctor. I don't think you have a plumbing problem.

Ask a Question