New Thermostat fitted 21c feels warmer than before

Reaction score
Hi,

I had to have a new Honeywell Thermostat fitted on Monday, the display died on my CM921 and it was replaced with a CM927.

I've put the same programme in as we had before but 21c with the new thermostat seems to feel hotter than the 21c with the old thermostat.

Any ideas? I think I'm just going to set it to 20c though and see if that feels like it did before.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I've always wondered how accurate are domestic central heating thermostats.

We changed our combi boiler last year,but are using the same Honeywell thermostat which is situated in the hall.
We find that we have to set it slightly higher to achieve the same comfortable house temperature.

Reaction score
I was kind of coming to the conclusion it was an accuracy issue...

Just found it strange how much of a difference a couple of degrees actually makes. I'll just play around with the temps and have it set to where we are comfortable.

Just hoping the display doesnt go on this new one....seems to be an all too common issue with the Honeywell CM range.

Thanks for the reply by the way.....

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, when we changed thermostat, it "felt" different to the previous one - partly due to lag (bi-metalic strip vs digital thermostat), but also because there aren't too accurate in the first place (only to a degree or so for the older models). A little tweaking may be needed :).

Ask a Question