New glass assembly for Glow-Worm

Reaction score
My central heating is provided by a Glow-Worm gas fire and back boiler. It has run without problem since 1988 when it was new (it is serviced every year). Recently, my autistic son turned over our heavy coffe table and it broke the glass front. British Gas have made it safe by isolating the fire gas pipe and leaving just the bolier working.

I have removed the assembly and it is a black metal frame, riveted to hold the glass in place and with a white cord around the inside. If anyone needs a photo, I will email it.

Ideally, I want to buy a complete replacement assembly. Failing that, there may be someone out there who can put new glass in the old frame.

I phoned Glow-Worm who told me it is obsolete and that they have no parts. They suggested trying Travis-Perkins and Plumb Centre but neither of them can help.

It's the glass assembly for a Glow-Worm Coordinate LFE Model number 3731502 Their part number is 424025 The actual size of the aperture is 405mm x 200mm and, by sliding the broken piece of glass along, I can see that the amount set into the recess is 7mm so the glass size is 419mm x 214mm. It appears to be 3mm thickness, Please let me know if you can help. Thanks

Ask a Question