My heat goes off and will not go back on unless I go in the basement and turn the switch off and bac

Reaction score
My heat goes off and will not go on unless I go in the basement and turn the switch off and back on. It then goes on for about 1 1/2 hours and turns off and i repeat the process. It does not get to the set temp when it shuts off.

Reaction score
We need a little more info to help. Is the thermostat one of the old bi-metal or mercury switches? Has the heater given you any problems in the past? Any extra information you can give would be helpful.

Reaction score
We got it running late last night. I was messing with the settings on the thermostat and it started working. Thermostat is from Vivant, a security company. About 4 years old. The heat wouldn't work on Monday and a guy came out and replaced the fan that takes the CO2 out. It would not turn at all. It worked fine all day monday and tuesday and stopped on Wednesday morning. I am thinking of replacing the thermostat.

Ask a Question