Moving neighbours electricity supply cable

Reaction score
I’m going to build an extension to the rear of my house. I live in a semidetached house and there are about 5 pairs of semidetached homes in a row. Currently the electricity cable runs across the rear of my house and goes to other neighbours. The electricity supply for my property comes from underground. I going to build an extension to the rear of my house, were the electricity cable currently runs.
I have no problem with the cables using my property but I don’t want to cough up a huge cost to reroute electricity cables which I don’t need or use. Is there any way I can avoid paying to have the cables rerouted without cost or at least at a reduced cost.
Should I approach my electrical company who is responsible for the cables is Electricity North West. Not sure if they are approachable or just take every opportunity to make money.
Should I write and say “I am withdrawing the permission for the service connection from my premises to other neighbours” or should I go down the wayleave reroute, not sure if it would apply in my case.
Any advise, feedback or similar experience would be helpful.
Thanks

Ask a Question