Missing mortar at ground level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

My house is on a slight slope and i noticed a slight gap at the bottom of the house at one end. I had some gaps in brickwork that I filled using a filler but this gap seems too narrow. Should I call a professional?

Photos attacked.

Thanks

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I'm not one hundred percent certain where in the pic you are referring to. I'm assuming at the bottom of this pic where the brickwork is almost touching the ground. I circled a portion in green where I think you might be referring to.

brickbottom01.png

Is your concern more aesthetic, or is it washing out during heavy rains? ... I'm assuming you have a basement; is that staying dry?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not one hundred percent certain where in the pic you are referring to. I'm assuming at the bottom of this pic where the brickwork is almost touching the ground. I circled a portion in green where I think you might be referring to.

View attachment 4818

Is your concern more aesthetic, or is it washing out during heavy rains? ... I'm assuming you have a basement; is that staying dry?
It's a clearer gap in the second photo but it's beside the drainage pipe in the left corner. I don't have a basement. My concern would be more for possible water damage to the house than aesthetics.

Ask a Question