Miele W5968 WPS washing macine trips the fuses

Reaction score
Hi, 9 years old machine this morning started to trip the fuse. Time and time again. It starts to work for 2-3 minutes and then the whole circuit goes on that floor. I have now set it for cold wash ( 0degC ) and it works. It looks like there maybe an issue with the heating element. Amy advice/comment on this ?
Is this for sure the heating element ? If so can I replace it myself ?
marek

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some miele washers have two elements ,if you can disconnect the faulty one and tape off the wire (only one wire required) it will let you use the washer till you can get a replacement element (recommend replacing both).
Changing the element is easy ,loosen the knit in the centre between the contacts but don't take it all the way off use a screwdriver and push the loosens bolt back in , now ease the rubber seal out and element should follow.
Now slide the new one in (remember to leave the bolt loose) fit the rubber seal first ,a little liquid soap will help , once in position tighten the knut but not to much as this will as this will crimp the seal into position .
Reconnect the wireing and your done.
Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some don't have a bolt in the centre, it's a rubber tag ,pull on it with pliers to assist removal

Ask a Question